Friday, January 20, 2006

Cruisin' the blogs

I took today off work because I have repair people coming to fix broken appliances. The Prodigal Son is home and quite capable of dealing with them, but it was such a week at work that I just needed a break.

Anyway, I've spent the morning cruising through rings and whatnot and just reading knitting blogs. It appears the whole world is knitting socks and using self-striping yarn to make them with. And I've come to a startling conclusion. I don't like self-striping yarn. I don't particularly like the patterns the various kinds make nor do I like the limited textures you can use them with. The patterning is just too rigid and fixed. It seems I like chaos in my colors. But then, you knew that, didn't you? Why else would I keep buying hand-painted yarn?

No comments: