Monday, July 18, 2005

More new books

I got a couple of books from amazon.com today.

200 Crochet blocks for blankets, throws, and afghans 200 Crochet blocks for blankets, throws, and afghans, Jan Eaton

This one has some really nice squares to crochet, but some of the colors she's chosen leave a lot to be desired. There are even some mix and match afghans and pillowcases already laid out for you, but some of them leave a little to be desired as well. But then, it wasn't for the color schemes that I bought the book but for the patterns. I've already got visions of afghans swimming in my head.

The Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet StitchesThe Ultimate Sourcebook of Knitting and Crochet Stitches, Readers' Digest

Not anywhere near the ultimate sourcebook, at least as far as the knitting stitches go, but it does run a close 3rd or 4th. I can't say how comprehensive it is on the crochet stitches because this is the first book I've ever bought that showed anything other than straight single, double, etc. stitches. It is a nice, handy reference for the price.

No comments: