Wednesday, December 07, 2005

More stash, more socks

Got another batch of yarn for my stash today. The green is lace weight and the purple is more sock weight. Both are 100% Merino wool and hand dyed. The balls are the same size, but there is twice as much of the lace weight yarn as of the sock yarn.

Balls of yarn


And I started another pair of socks for the Prodigal Son who is about to wear out the two pair of socks I've already made him. The photo doesn't do justice to the color. The shades of green vary from very dark forest to teal blue. The shading reminds me of peacock feathers.

Fourth pair of socks, inprogress

I'm making this pair a bit smaller since the Prodigal has complained about the socks falling down and puddling around his ankles. He does have skinnier legs and feet than I do.

I'm not sure what you would call the pattern I'm knitting into the socks, but it spirals around the sock leg. This sock is 48 stitches around on size 3 US double pointed needles.

Round 1: *k3, p3; repeat from * around
Round 2: k
Round 3: p1, *k3, p3*; repeat * until the last 2 stitches; p2
Round 4: k
Round 5: p2, *k3, p3*; repeat * until the last stitch; p1
Round 6: k
Round 7: *p3, k3; repeat from * around
Round 8: k
Round 9: k1, *p3, k3*; repeat * until the last 2 stitches; k2
Round 10: k
Round 11: k2, *p3, k3*; repeat * until the last stitch; k1
Round 12: k

Repeat rounds 1 through 12 around the leg and on the top of the foot until done.

No comments: