Friday, April 27, 2007

I broke myself

Just got home from the doctor. He thinks I have a very bad and extremely painful case of tendinitis in the index finger of my left hand. I have no idea what I did. I went to bed feeling fine and woke up unable to flex - or otherwise move - my left index finger. I have a prescription for something. I dropped it off at the pharmacy and I haven't gone back to pick it up yet. Needless to say, everything - including typing - is uncomfortable and often painful. It looks like this is my year to have things go wrong.

Oh, well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How'd you manage to do that?

Hope the finger is better by now!

Seitherin said...

Not a clue. And things are not improving. I have some movement back while the drug is in effect but the finger goes back to almost useless when the drug wears off. I guess I'm going to have to look up tendinitis and scope out the drug I'm taking.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear it :-(
Have they ruled out an infection? I got bit by my cat one (while being stupid and trying to separate two fighting cats) and the next morning my finger had the same symptoms as yours.
Hope you get it to go away soon.

Seitherin said...

I don't think it's an infection. I didn't have any wounds when this first happened. This has been a problem for about 4 weeks now and I don't think an infection would hang around that long.

I'm going to an appointment for next week to have it looked at again.